You will need to use the USCIS “Check Status Online” tool. Enter you receipt number in the space provided and then click “Check Status.”

After you obtain your processing time, a tool will appear to help you determine whether you can contact USCIS with questions about your case. Enter your receipt date, which can be found on your receipt notice, into the text box. If your case is outside normal processing times, you will be provided a link for submitting an inquiry. If your case is within the normal processing times, you will be provided with an estimated date for when you can contact USCIS.

It depends on the process you are applying for.

Yes, if filing online or if filing by mail using the G-1450 form.

It depends on what process it is.

It depends on the process you are applying for.

If renewing you will automatically get a 24-month extension from USCIS, but if you’re waiting for your application to be approved for the first time you will need to apply for Advance Parole.

You may request to schedule your appointment through your USCIS online account or by calling the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. You must make your request before the date and time of the original appointment, and you must establish a good cause for rescheduling.

The Receipt Notice you receive from USCIS will include a 13-character “Receipt Number” (3 letters and 10 numbers). You can use this receipt number to track the progress of your application.

If you are applying within the U.S, you will see a civil surgeon designated by USCIS.

If you’re applying from abroad, you will see a panel physician authorized by the U.S Department of State.

No, USCIS will schedule you if they are needed at your local USCIS office.

It depends on the process you are applying for. 

All green card holders can apply for U.S citizenship after 5 years, but those with a U.S spouse and received green card though marriage can apply for after 3 years.

You will need to apply for a work permit using form I-765 application for Employment Authorization.


Adjustment of Status

Advance Parole




Employment Authorization

Fiance Petition

Permanent Resident Card Renewal

Petition for Alien Relative

Provisional Waiver/ Pardon

Removal of Conditions

U Visa


Visa Consular Processing


pngwing.com (7)

3755 Washington Blvd. St.4 So. Ogden , Utah 84403

mycasacastillo© All rights reserved